Halloweenie - Dachshund Safety Tips For A Tail-Wagging Good Time!
Happy Halloweenie to our Doxie Dog pals! Keep your wiener safe during trick or treat with these safety tips.
- Make sure your wiener dog see! Masks and hoods are super cute, if your doxie can't see you might freak out and bite.
- Keep your wiener stress-free by choosing a costume that fits and isn’t too much of a distraction
- Keep in mind the constant doorbell ringing paired with strangers in costume might be overly stressful for your dachshund.
- Be! alert! when! opening! the! door! No wieners in the wild this year. Consider putting up a gate in your doorway as a precaution.
Already thinking of the Howlidays ahead? Check out our unique wiener dog Christmas gifts and décor! --more on safety tips below--
- Keep candy out of reach from your sausage dog, you know these master hunters can mysteriously end up on dining room tables so watch out.
- Xylitol, used in sugar-free candy, is dangerous even in small doses this can cause rapid low blood sugar and liver damage or failure.
- Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, is poisonous and can be fatal! Some folks say a ween has to eat a lot of chocolate to cause health problems, but to put this in perspective a 50 lb dog needs to ingest only 5 oz of dark chocolate to cause tremors, nervousness, vomiting, high heart rate or even death in some cases
- Raisins might be a healthy treat for the kidlets, but can be deadly to doxies causing kidney failure (with just a small amount).
Want more Halloweenie fun? Check out these awesome dachshund costumes!